Hi, I installed 1.8.2 for a blog project and found some bugs. Here are the current ones:
1. Have you tried to view Greymatter in IE7? It looks pretty terrible. Also, the fact that the misc templates scroll more than 768px is kind of a nightmare accessibility wise. IMHO.
2. When I installed, I did not make a default index.htm page in the archives directory (no mention of needing to do this in the instructions) and when I posted my first entry it yelled at me (but stopped complaining once I put one there and rebuilt). I have Perl v5.8.8.
3. If I am editing templates, regardless of what radio button I select, nothing is rebuilt after I save. I have to save twice to get it to update any templates, or just save once and then rebuild from the rebuild menu.
4. Are you supposed to be able to post entries as Alice??
1. I don't have IE on my computer, and the templates are pretty old, so I am not surprised that they are pleasant. Something I wanted to do was to make it easier to switch 'themes' (template files).
2. Interesting, sounds like a bug, but it might not have had permissions to create the file? However, reading through the install doc, I get the impression that this is an oversight of the Setup/Install section.
3. Definitely a bug.
4. Since I have been working with Greymatter (1.3.1), Alice has been the default author and has always been allowed to post. The install doc mentions deleting Alice, as well as red text on the Author's screen.