I should have probably posted here before trying to fix my own problem, but I thought I wouldn't have any issues.
I changed my author name only to find, much to my dismay, that all of my past GM entries still retained the old author name. I thought about how I could fix this and decided to edit gm-entrylist.cgi. I'm sure this is probably very dumb of me, but I am not very bright when it comes to cgi scripts.
All I did was save it to my computer, change the old author name to the new one, reupload it and CHMOD it to 666. Now I am unfortunately recieving the 500 error of death.
I was smart enough to save the gm-entrylist.cgi prior to piddling with it, so I tried reuploading that. It didn't work. I also tried uploading a completely fresh version also. As a last ditch effort I went through and CHMODed the rest of my .cgi's (excluding gm-library.cgi) still with no luck.
Maybe this will be the solution: When you host your site at a linux server and you have edited the file with windows it could be a problem with the line endings. This program www.comparatorfast.com/ will may help to fix it. Under - tools-misc, you have a dos-unix conversion program to get rid of the windows endings. p.s. Program is shareware it will work for 30 days.