Post by cryforashadow on Jan 20, 2007 22:23:31 GMT -5
I tried to install version 1.7.1 and I'm having a problem.
I've used the older version of Greymatter before and never had this problem. Upon trying to view my blog, I get a 500 error.
I deleted and reuploaded all the files in the corrent directories, making sure to use Ascii, and I've doubled and triple checked to make sure the permissions are correct on all the files.
The perl is correct, the one I'm supposed to use (as listed in my cpanel) is the same as the default given.
gm.cgi runs fine once everything is installed. I ran "diagnostics & repair," and it says everything was uploaded and running fine.
I've edited templates, and posted entries, and everything worked fine. But when I try to actually view my index file to see what the blog looked like, it always gives a 500 internal error. I can't figure out what the issue is.
I've had it on my current domain before, but removed all the files when I stopped using it, so it's not a question of updating rather than installing the new version.
All the troubleshooting and installation files I've read gave me the stuff I've already checked as listed above.
If anyone has any other ideas for what I can do to fix this, I'd be eternally grateful. It's driving me insane.