Post by thermodynamic on Nov 20, 2010 18:35:10 GMT -5
Having a world of fun with this one. Im just uploaded and everything seemed to go well with the login, but the configuration of my paths sets off a "Error, Cant save file,"
gm-testfile.txt". then it says, Please make sure that directory to save the file is CHMODed to 777 and that the file is CHMODed to 666. Also try running Diagnostics & Repair from the Configuration screen.
Of course, Im doing the Diagnostics and Repair and that is what sets this in motion. I have no entrys yet.
Well, thats fine, but I have no idea where the file comes from, or where it is stored. THE TEST FILE. I dont have that file in the directory anywhere on the server. How can I check it CHMOD if I dont know where it is at, or where it even comes from? The archives local path is setting this off from the configurations paths settings. Second one down. The folder is CHMODED to 777 just like it says. Ive checked it. But I have no way to find the test file to check its CHMOD. What now ColdStone? Version is 1.8.2 and the Pearl on my server is 5.8 How do I check that CHMOD to be sure its on the devils mark. For it may be on 644. But what I dont understand, is where in the world does 1.8.2 get this file to write to the directorys with. Its beyond me, it was not in the Zip when I unzipped it. AND the paths are correct, I am certain of that. PLEASE HELP
I know this is an old post, but maybe I can help some new users:
I had the same trouble the first time I installed GreyMatter, but it was due to my own error..
I tracked down my servers virtual path to perl, modified the shebang line, and made sure all my path settings (or at least the ones I could find) was correct in the templates.
My first run also brought up the Main Menu but gave the error "cant save gm-testfile.txt"
If you have double checked your perl location in the shebang, and your folder is writable; Go to the Main Menu , and from there... open your Configuration Options , and then... open your Path Configuration and double check that everything is entered correctly.
I was getting the "can't save..." error because I overlooked my Path Configuration. It was all wrong... but after correcting the variables in my Path Configuration everything worked.
Hopefully others can learn from my mistake of simple oversight. I don't know why or even how I neglected to check the Path Configuration, but stuff happens.